It has become quite popular among luxury retail brands to create experiences for their clients in order to make them return. These experiences go from in-store discounts, personal styling appointments, customized gifts, all-inclusive trips to visit the motherload and education events.
These “Education Events” are events where you gather a group of your clients with at least one interest/hobby in common and you invite them to do or learn something usually in your venue/store.
The theme can be something: 1) related to your expertise, 2) your Partners´ expertise or 3) a specific occasion of your choice:
- You are a chocolate maker. The master chocolatier in your store will show your guests how to prepare strawberries with chocolate. It will be a short workshop of an hour and a half where the guest will learn something about you, your history and will tell everybody about it.
- You are a bespoke shoe-maker and the Royal Ascott is in a few months. Reach out to milliners and offer your guests the perfect shoe-hat match possible. Invite both, your clients and their clients for a petit rendezvous showing them how to work with different materials in the search for the perfect outfit.
- You are a fashion designer and the Chelsea Flower Show is in one month. Invite those clients interested in gardening to a Flower Workshop where they will learn how to make a hand-tie with seasonal flowers and also leave with the perfect outfit for the Show.
Education Events are dedicated to small groups of not more than 20 people, where 1 or 2 instructors are available to guide your guests throughout the experience. The guests will be selected by your CRM system or staff based on what you know about them
It all comes down really to your CRM system:
- Do you have a specific guest list?
- How well do you know your clients? Do you know their interests?
In my experience, the easiest way to come up with ideas is to think about partners. As all your events should end with an attractive goodie bag, who´s providing goodies is important. Also, remember that your clients know about your products so you cannot do two events offering the same: heritage, craftsmanship, etc because they will bore to death.
Think about what you can do with your Partners and use the Calendar year!
What could be a great theme for an Education Event? Be always open to new ideas! Go and find yours!
My name is Paula Arango Menendez and I am currently Marina Rinaldi´s Event Planner. I´m a Project Planner pursuing a certificate in Digital Media in Northwestern University´s Social Media Marketing Specialization. Feel free to reach out or connect with me at @paulaarangomen
Topics: Event Planning, Content Marketing, High-quality Content
Target Market: Event Planners